Wednesday, January 8, 2014

the eight days of gratitude

by student blogger Leah

Day 7:

Operation Gratitude continues....

#1 Safe Campus
Talked about total war in my European History class today and I sent a bit of gratitude to the universe for my ability to live in a peaceful place. I am aware that there are many people who are not so fortunate. I regain perspective on my life when I appreciate the basic things.

#2 Dark Coffee
Cream and sugar made a cup of coffee taste like melted ice cream with tons of rich, roasted coffee flavor. The caffeine rush went straight to my blood and I feel like a rock star right now.

#3 Professors Who Care About You
At the end of the semester, they reduce the amount of readings that were originally planned for these last few days that now suddenly feel wildly unrealistic. They devote large portions of class to answering very specific details about the final that are stemming from deep within our anxious, irrational minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment