Thursday, December 13, 2012

An extremely busy week.

I get a lot of questions from prospective students about what I do in my "spare time", and to be completely honest... I don't have any! I am currently in Specialty Breads class and wake up around 3:45 AM, and don't go to sleep until around 10:30 or 11:00PM. During the 19 hours that I am awake, I am busy in class, doing homework, studying, and meeting with S.P.I.C.E.  I am the President of Student Programming and usually have 1-3 events a week to plan and attend. Throughout the holiday season, Student Programming and other organizations have events almost everyday.


Two days ago I attended the first bi-annual Culinary Institute of America Leadership Awards Dinner. It was hosted by the deans of student activities and they used it as an opportunity to really thank all of the students for their hard work. We were provided dinner at one of the CIA's restaurants, Caterina de Medici.


The food was delicious and it was nice to be able to just sit and enjoy a nice stress-free dinner!


Last night SPICE and Res Life had a wrapping party where everyone brought their holiday gifts and we supplied wrapping paper, ribbons, etc.. We showed a movie and also had fresh baked gingerbread cookies, white chocolate peppermint cookies, chocolate chip cookies, and hot cocoa! There was a wrapping paper fashion show at the end and best dressed won giftcards to Target! To prepare for the event, we made ads that got posted throughout campus as well as being posted in the school's "scoop".





This past Saturday was one of the CIA's biggest events! Badabingo! Badabingo is held once every year during the holiday season. There are over $3000 worth of prizes to be won playing bingo, winning raffles, or winning one of the other three contests- Eggnog Chugging Contest, Fruitcake Eating Contest, and decorate a friend. It is so much fun and this year I got to dress as the present and hand out the gifts to the winners, as well as judging all of the contests, and helping plan the event.





I can't wait for the weekend to arrive so I can finally get some sleep, and to see the Radio City Christmas Spectacular!!


No comments:

Post a Comment