Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Meet The Bloggers: Racheal

Hi everyone! My name is Racheal and I am a 21-year-old Baking and Pastry student. I’m one of the
new student bloggers! 





A brief introduction about me

    When I
was younger I spent most of my free time in the kitchen. There was nothing more intriguing to me than watching a cake rise in the oven or whipping egg whites
into a beautiful meringue.  I
always knew I wanted to get into baking and pastry I just never knew how and I
wasn’t quite sure what I wanted to do with it. I went to college for two years
before I realized that a traditional university just wasn’t right for me, and that was when I finally decided to transfer to the world’s premier culinary
school!














The first week of school! I am still just as amazed by the beauty of the campus as I was when I first arrived.











A few facts


  • I grew up in Chesapeake, Virginia. I really miss being so close to the beach and eating good seafood (and drinking sweet tea) !!!



  •  I love to travel. Food and travel go hand in hand! Food from different cultures is so fascinating, and there isn't anything that I wouldn't try.

  • I am currently Vice President of Student Programming at the CIA.

  • Taking pictures is one of my favorite hobbies, but I am terrible at properly using my camera..

   It has been a little over a year since I started the Baking and Pastry program and it’s hard to believe that I only have six months left!! Seven weeks ago I came back from my externship (An 18-week paid internship at a CIA approved food service site) and I am currently in Contemporary Cakes class with the very talented Chef Weber.






I just finished Chocolates and Confections class a few days ago. On the last day we presented some of the chocolates on a buffet in Farquharson Hall, the school's main dining room. So much fun!




I will be posting all about my journey at the CIA.  Externship, classes, and the fun activities I do in my spare time (which isn't too often). So stay tuned!

Feel free to check out my
previous adventures on my personal
blog Rachtakesnewyork.tumblr.com. 


Racheal


No comments:

Post a Comment