Sunday, June 10, 2012

CIA's Annual "Run For Your Knives"!


We have many great annual events here at the CIA, ones that most students know about even if they haven't ever attended, or been on campus for them in previous years.
This is how I viewed the Run For Your Knives 5K, which the campus's Wellness Team hosts each year. It was an event that I knew many loved and anticipated, but also one that I had never attended.

Well, this year everything changed!



CIA's Athletic Director, Trainer & Coach Mike Murphy prepares everyone for the start

This year, I decided that I would sign up to Run for my Knives, no matter how long it took me! Granted, I am not the worst runner there is, but I know that we have some great athletes here at the Culinary.
Unfortunately, the weather was a bit drizzly, but the runners weren't complaining... better to run in drizzle than run in the heat!


Some Runners Waiting To Start

The 5K took place around the entire campus, and three laps following the roads conveniently equals the proper distance. Prizes went to the first male and female finisher. Updates with their names will come soon... I was too busy panting to figure out who won!

All-in-all, it was a great day. Everyone had a great time running, walking, or strolling around the campus. We even had a dog entered as well!


The annual 5K is just one example of the amazing opportunities that students have that allows them to get involved in fun activities on campus. Also this weekend was a whitewater rafting trip. Stay tuned for some coverage of another annual event coming up, Stars & Stripes weekend. This festive celebration is like a huge 4th of July party, but a tad earlier, and features fireworks, an outdoor dance, food, games, prizes, and so much more! This year's events are surely going to be some to remember.

Stay hungry and curious,

Blayre :)




No comments:

Post a Comment